Applications are accepted year round and we recommend applying early if you know that you are interested in Step One School. An application will be considered complete when an observation tour is completed.
How Do I Apply?
- Complete and return an application and the $40 application fee (payable by cash or check).
- Attend a parents only observation tour.
- In addition, submitting an application for Transitional Kindergarten admission, you will be mailed a Preschool Teacher Evaluation Form for your child’s current teacher to complete and contacted to schedule a student visit.
What is the Enrollment Process?
- All applications received are placed on one of ten separate waitlists in order to balance age and gender within each of the classrooms.
- Acceptance letters for this primary enrollment period (January to June) are sent to families starting in late January. Letters are also sent to all families who are on our waitlist.
What do I do if I receive an acceptance letter?
- You have one week to accept or decline a space at the school.
- If you accept the space, a deposit is due ($900 for Transitional Kindergarten, $500 for all other programs).
- You will be asked to submit alternate scheduling choices (minimum 4 days for 2’s and NS, TK is 5 days).
I am on a waitlist. What are my chances of getting in?
- In recent years we have seen many more families who are able to attend Step One School the same year they apply, even when they initially receive waitlist letters.
- If you are not offered a space for September, your name will remain on our list for any openings that occur within the school year.
Can I apply at other times?
- YES! We do occasionally have mid-year or summer openings, depending on the needs of our currently enrolled families.